Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Science Detectives

Mike Goldsmith: Science Detectives by Mike Goldsmith (Paperback)

When I was compiling my bibliography, I went to Barnes and Noble and stumbled upon this book.

I began flipping through the pages and knew I had to buy it for my future classroom. This book highlights many famous scientists and "uncovers the human story behind scientific discovery and finds out what motivated these scientists despite the enormous difficulties and prejudice they often faced." (Goldsmith, 2010)

This book is broken down into six different sections: the birth of science, the rise of science, the power of science, the triumph of science, revolutions in science, and a new world.

Each page is so beautifully illustrated and includes detailed explanations and facts. I think that this book is a good buy (at only $8 right now at Barnes & Noble) because it covers so many different "detectives" that it could be used for several different grade levels.

In the back of the book is a reference to more scientist, a gloassary, and an index. In my opinion, this would be a perfect reference book when students are to report on a scientist and find out all they can about that particular person.

If you are interested in this book, I would make a trip to the bookstore and pick up a copy. This book will definitely be used in my future classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment