Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Life Cycles: Pinterest Edition

As we all know, Pinterest is a wonderful resource for teachers. I looked up life cycles and saw so many resources that could be used in my future classroom.

I think that this would be fun for the younger grades. Anything to be active in the classroom while learning is something the children will remember when they go home at the end of the day.
via
This activity is a way to visualize what each life stage looks like:
via
I think that the activity using the pasta and the beans would be cool to ask the students which came first and what pasta they would use. While the students are constructing it, the teacher could read from the textbook or another book about the life cycle of the butterfly.

Again for the younger grades, I found this frog hat that illustrated the life cycle of a frog around the hat. I think that for younger learners, it would help them remember the lesson because they made it themselves and then got to wear it.

via
While there are many activities that can be done with all of the different life cycles that have to be covered, I thought these ideas were a great start to get the children interested.

3 comments:

  1. I love these! Totally pinning them! And I love that they used Emily Elizabeth from Clifford. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they totally did, I didn't even realize as I was putting this blog post together! Love Clifford!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete